Saturday, August 2, 2008

DC = Don't Care or Does Care??? Part ll

Okay, I am back to my DC experience.

Once the driver picked us up from the club (I will call it The Twilight Zone), I was hungry as a mofo. I asked him could he take me to get some Chinese food. He did. All I have to say is, "Thank You, say no more!" LOL. It was the best Chinese food I've ever had. And, how about I can't remember the name of the place. Just damn! When I go back to DC, I will find it.

I went to my clients room and brought him his food and told him about the event. He was like WOW (another version of "Just Damn" if you ask me). I was out counting sheep after that.

The next day, Sunday, and last day for the 3-day weekend of events was my clients actual appearance day. I will say honestly, I was VERY optimistic about a good turnout that night. I got up with a smile on my face, ate breakfast and read the Washington Post.


I did my radio show as I always do on Sunday's and met up with one of my listeners (who is becoming a friend) and we went to one of my good friend's home for a intimate get-together. I was kinda reserved at first due to my personal site being down but once that was complete, it was on! I was very grateful for the formal introduction by my good friend as a celebrity photographer and talk show host. Words can't explain how that felt!

We discussed previous topics on my show and I received some very good responses. I gained 10 new listeners from the meeting. How about that! This went on for about an hour or so then I had to jet back to the hotel because our driver was there to pick us up to take us to the event. Once in the car, I was busy checking emails on my PDA en route to the venue when I hear, "WTF! and my client laughing out loud." When I looked up to see what was going on, I noticed there wasn't ANYONE at the club and the lights were off! I was like OMG! Then we realized we were at the wrong entrance...whew! LOL. When we drove down to the second entrance, there was that cricket sound. There was no one in line but the security. We're like, "Let's just make the best of this situation."

We entered the club and went to the back to set up product to be sold and mingled with the very small crowd and meet some great people. We took pics with fans and talked with one of my clients biggest fans who just happens to live in DC. He was a great person. He loved my client's product so much that he purchased product for all of the women around him. Wasn't that very nice or what? The mingling went on for 2 hours then we went back to the hotel. My client and his publicist went there separate ways and I had a small hangout session with another publicist and two female friends. We talked for 3 hours straight about life, politics and industry stuff. It's amazing how small the industry is!

What I got from this is the appreciation of planning and no matter what goes down, always NETWORK. You never know what the person next to you does for a living and their relationships with other people. Do you smell "6 Degrees of Seperation?" LOL. I want to thank the promoters for the wonderful hospitality! I know they did the best they could with this being there first big event.

DC is still one of my favorite cities!